Tuesday 3 April 2012

David Huffman

 I really like David Huffmans collaging technique it makes his work more interesting to look at and to really explore like a 'Where's Wally' book his work also has a humour about it that you can't quite pin down and its not as simple as the costumes being silly. I have been told my work has an element of humour to it which is I guess something I do try to include its certainly not trying to be deadly serious. Huffmans work also has an aspirational quality showing black men excelling in sports and exploring new horizons with there space suits on.

 he also has a good sense of spacing the image above illustrates this well, I tryed to play around with this by using a panoramic format. with the bold use of dark colours at the top something I'v done in all paintings during the FMP slightly unsuccessfully as the panoramic was hard to fit rock peaks in and I didn't leave enough space at the top


No comments:

Post a Comment